Keurig Will Not Turn On – Keurig 1.0 & 2.0 Problems & Fix
Keurig will not turn on: If your Keurig coffee maker or brewer won’t turn on, it’s likely a power-on failure. There are many common problems that could be causing the issue, such as a faulty power cord, water reservoir or tank, heating element,…
To troubleshoot the Keurig problem, first check the article below here to get the solution of this case. Remember to follow CentralParkwestcafe for more details!
Keurig Coffee Machine
The Keurig coffee brewing system enables you to prepare single servings of coffee, tea, and other drinks. Special K-cups, which are little packets of coffee grounds enclosed in a filter, are used with the Keurig machine. Many coffee consumers choose it since it’s quick and simple to use.
Simply place a K-cup into the Keurig and add water to use it. After that, the Keurig will make your coffee while heating the water.
Keurig will not turn on the power button
There are a few possible causes for your Keurig failing to turn on. Here are a few of the most frequent causes:
- The power cable is not plugged in: Although this seems apparent, it is nevertheless important to verify. Make sure the machine is turned on and the power wire is hooked to an outlet.
- The device is not receiving power: If the power supply is the cause of the device’s inability to switch on despite the power cord being plugged in. To check if it helps try connecting the Keurig to a different outlet.
- The Keurig features a heating element that warms the water for brewing, however, there is an issue with it. The machine won’t operate if this component is broken.
- The control board, which is in charge of all the machine’s operations, has a problem. Keurig won’t turn on if there is an issue with the control board.
Some common problems
If your Keurig coffee maker won’t turn on, the electrical outlet is probably the blame rather than the actual brewer. The power line may also be shakily attached to the socket. If the cup brewer is not full and properly plugged in and still won’t turn on, try turning on another device that uses the same outlet, such as a toaster or a blender.
There is a problem with your K-cup brewer if the other device turns on. Or perhaps you’re just forgetting to turn the power switch on your K cup brewer at the rear to the “ON” position.
But if the second appliance doesn’t turn on either, the outlet is probably broken. To see if the first outlet is the issue, try using a different grounded outlet. If this doesn’t work, open the circuit breaker box in your house and look for any switched circuits. Flip the switch back to the “ON” position to reset it.
If none of the aforementioned solutions work, your K cup brewer’s electrical components could be malfunctioning.
A non-responsive “power on” button and display screen are frequent reasons of power-on failure in Keurig equipment. Below is a detailed description of additional components that may have issues and prevent the Keurig from turning on.
When external “power on” buttons, switches, or knobs are pressed, the switch is activated, turning on your coffee descale maker. Therefore, if the switch doesn’t engage properly or the switch itself is broken, the failure to turn on the device is likely to be due to one of these issues.
The power cord
In addition, if the power cable is cut or the wires aren’t connected properly, your device could not come on. Poor contact between the wires can also be seen in an old power cable that has been bent too frequently.
If there is a power surge, thermal fuses shut off the power to your Keurig. Your brewer won’t operate if the subsequent part is not changed.
The control board
Your coffee maker’s control board, circuit board, or motherboard is its brain. By allowing communication between all the electrical parts, it instructs your Keurig what to do. As a result, the Keurig coffee machine won’t switch on if an issue arises with the control board’s “power on” components.
Your Keurig’s thermostat controls the internal temperatures, keeping the device from overheating. Even if the thermal fuses are not burned out, a defective thermostat might prevent your K cup brewer from turning on.
The Heating Element
The heating element in the Keurig warms the water before brewing. The machine won’t turn on if this component is broken. By opening the appliance and doing a multimeter test, you may determine whether the heating element is functioning.
The most frequent issue with Keurigs is clogs. Remove the water reservoir and inspect the water line for any blockages to check for clogs. Try using a paper clip or something similar to remove any obstructions you detect.
Reset the machine
You might need to reset a Keurig if you’ve tried everything listed above and it still won’t turn on. To accomplish this, first disconnect the Keurig from the outlet, then replug it. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds after plugging it back in.
Release the power button when 30 seconds have passed, then press it once again to turn the machine on.
Resetting a broken Keurig coffee maker is the quickest and easiest solution. K cup brewers, however, lack a reset switch. Keurig model 2.0 and 1.0 machines are the two main categories of K cup brewers. The reset processes vary for each of them.
For Keurig 1.0 brewers
Here is how to diagnose and resolve issues with Keurig 1.0 brewer models.
- The K Cup coffee pod lever has to be opened and closed first since a power loss could have prevented it from working. By doing this, the lever will be reset and made ready for use once more.
- Next, switch the power switch on the rear of your Keurig equipment to the “OFF” position.
- Third, turn the brewer off and leave it unplugged from the outlet for at least an hour.
- After that, take out the removable water filter and let the brewer take another 30 minutes to settle.
- Reconnect the water tank, connect the brewer, and turn the power switch back on to complete the process. The Keurig brewer will now be ready for use after being reset.
For Keurig 2.0 brewers
Due to their increased use of computer-driven components, Keurig 2.0 machines are substantially more difficult to completely reset. The advanced reset process described below is advised if the basic reset described above doesn’t work to turn the device back on.
- Press and then simultaneously let go of the “small” and “medium” cup buttons.
- Next, press the “menu” button three times.
- The display clock will now read “6:09” in time. To get the display screen to display “brew 0:00,” simply push the menu button one more time.
- Push and hold the “medium mug” button after that, then press and let go of the menu button.
- Press and then let go of the “small mug” button while keeping the “medium mug” button down.
- The brewer should then be plugged in and out several times. After that, connect it once again to do your advanced refresh.
Steps to turn on Keurig
You can follow the steps below here to open your machine:
- Step 1: Using the included power wire, connect your Keurig into an outlet.
- Step 2: Find the power button on your Keurig equipment and push it once it is plugged in.
- Step 3: Place a mug beneath the coffee dispenser and lift the handle on the top of your Keurig.
- Step 4: Fresh, cold water should be poured into the open water reservoir of the Keurig until it reaches the “Max Fill” line. On the rear of most equipment is the water storage.
- Step 5: Put the cover on the water storage.
- Step 6: Choose your favorite K Cup pod and place it on the Keurig machine’s top.
- Step 7: To pierce the K Cup pod’s cap, depress the top of your equipment.
- Step 8: Press the brew button while putting your mug underneath the coffee maker.
Contact Keurig customer service
We advise getting in touch with Keurig customer support for more help if you’re still having issues with your machine. Call 1-866-901-2739 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch with Keurig customer service.
Is there a reset button on my Keurig?
Answer: The Keurig machines do include a reset button on the rear. By pressing this button, the device will be refreshed, which can solve the issue.
What causes a Keurig to stop working?
Answer: A clog, an empty water reservoir, a broken power cable, or an outlet issue are just a few of the potential causes.
What do I do if my Keurig won’t pump water?
Answer: The water reservoir should be checked first if your Keurig won’t pump water. Ensure that it is full of clean, icy water. If so, the pump itself could be the source of the issue. If so, you’ll need to get in touch with Keurig for servicing.
We appreciate you spending time reading this “Keurig will not turn on” article. We hope this content will be useful to you using the process. If you have any questions, you can contact CentralParkwestcafe or leave a comment below here.